Assistant Fire Chief
Mr. Craver began his employment with the City and his professional career in firefighting in January 1993. Prior to beginning his professional fire service career he served the City as volunteer firefighter for approximately 6 years. Mr. Craver attended the fire academy and received his emergency medical service training at the early age of 18.
After serving 9 years as a firefighter–paramedic with the department Mr. Craver was promoted to Fire Lieutenant and was responsible for performing and supervising shift duty personnel in fire suppression, rescue, fire prevention and emergency medical services. In October 2004, Mr. Craver was promoted to Fire Captain overseeing the department’s Operations Division and was responsible for assisting the Fire Chief with overall management and operation of the department while being directly responsible for training, fire suppression, medical services, rescue and hazardous material response.
In 2011 Mr. Craver’s title was appropriately changed to Division Chief continuing to oversee the department’s Fire and EMS Operations Division. Chief Craver is also responsible for operational management of the Tarrant County Fire Alarm Center located at Fire Station 1.
- Firefighter Academy – North Richland Hills Fire – 1991
- Peace Officer Academy – Dallas Baptist University -1995
- EMT – Paramedic – Huguley Medical Center - 1997
- Texas Fire Chief Academy – 2012 Graduate
- Numerous Training and Certification Courses
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Advanced Firefighter, Advanced Arson Investigator
- Fire Service Instructor III, Fire Officer IV, Incident Safety Officer
- Basic Wildland Firefighter, Hazardous Materials Technician
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT – Paramedic
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education
- Basic Peace Officer
- Texas Fire Chiefs Association
- Tarrant County Fire Chiefs Association – Past President and Vice President
- Northwest Emergency Response Organization (NERO)
- Tarrant County Fire and Arson Investigator Association